Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gone With the Wind

Gone With the Wind is based on the novel Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.

The most memorable scene for me is when Scarlett runs into the city and sees the thousands of injured soldiers laying on the ground by the railroad tracks.

Scarlett's favorite drink is corn whiskey.

The dress that Scarlett wears when she visits Rhett in jail is green.

It is made of her mother's drapes from her house.

The film takes place during the Civil War in Georgia. It begins before the war started, around 1861. It ends shortly after the war ends, around 1865.

My favorite quote of the movie is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." This was said by Rhett Butler as he left Scarlett at the end of the movie. This shows that after all of the manipulating that Scarlett has done, Rhett doesn't care about her anymore.

When telling another person about Gone With the Wind, I would tell them to be prepared for the great length ofthe movie. Although, this movie will be very boring for many people who are not greatly interested in watching it, I believe that it is an important film to watch for anyone who is interested in film.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you agree with me - watching the film is important - for a variety of reasons.

    100%

    ReplyDelete