Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Birds

Anyone who has seen The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock will probably agree with some of the things that I will say in this blog. First of all, I have absolutely no idea, why the birds are attacking people. I watched this movie intently, and I know that it was not discussed even once. Next, even for the 1960's, it is hard to believe that the actors are actually being attacked by birds when there is a thick black line around the characters and their surroundings. I understand that little could be done back in the day to prevent this, but it does lessen the overall experience for me. This film was successful in being creepy when it needed to, and Hitchcock is still Hitchcock. While that in itself is enough to save this film from the garbage heap, it is far from one of his best works. And don't get me wrong, this film is still probably worth seeing, it is just hard to get over the story which never explains itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment