Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's Up Tiger Lily

This film is an early work by Woody Allen, which takes a Japanese spy film, and replaces the voices with American dubs. This creates a completely different story and turns a serious film into a pure comedy. From my viewing experience, this is a film of two halves. Durng the first half of the film, I was cracking up constantly. There are so many great one-liners, along with a bunch of joks based on what the characters are doing in the actual film. However, the second half of the movie seemed to drop off a great deal in my opinion. After only seeing the film once, I cannot tell whether this because it was just less funny overall, or if I just got too used to the film to find it surprising or funny. The first half is definitely worth watching, since it packs a lot of comedy in a short period of time. However, it would be wrong to tell you not to watch the rest of the move, because in my opinion, there is nothing worse than not finishing a movie, and then wondering how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment