Sunday, October 11, 2009

In Living Black-and-White

1. I agree with the notion that black and white film has its own excitement and purposes. In the current film market, people are always looking for something different, and black and white film would certainly draw customers just because of its uniqueness. One example of a great black and white film would be Raging Bull. It was made well after color film became common. Because of the black and white colors, it seems reminiscent and brings thoughts about the past. The movie would not be the same if it was in color, as the black and white gives it it's character.

2. If I came across the black and white movie while flipping channels I would most likely keep going. This is because I know more color movies, and the black and white movies wouldn't attract my attention if I have never heard of it. I also find some black and white movies harder to get interested in because it is harder for me to relate to movies that are older. I would, however continue watching if the movie is a famous movie that I had heard about, or it features a famous actor or actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment