Sunday, October 18, 2009

Robin Hood

I recently watched The Adventures of Robin Hood from 1938 starring Errol Flynn. This film contains a great combination of comedy and action, along with beautiful coloring. Produced in Technicolor, it contains a vivid display of colors, most notably green. After seeing this film, I was reminded of the first time I watched The Wizard of Oz, seeing the spectacular colors contrasting to the typical film of its day. This film also had a spectacular flm score, one which I compare to that of the Star Wars franchise.

The colors of this film are bright, almost to the point of looking like a book, or a cartoon. However, this fits well and makes this film one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. THe acting is great, and the film has an everlasting comedic effect, making it funny 70 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment