Thursday, December 10, 2009

Twentieth Century

Twentieth Century is a film that we viewed due to its use of acting. John Barrymore used very overly dramatic acting techniques and gestures. This style is reminiscent of stage acting, as Barrymore's character is the producer of Broadway shows. It features a goofy comedy style, with many of the jokes relying on the vibrant acting of John Barrymore. I found the film to be a bit much too handle, as the acting seemed too dramatic to be real. I found it difficult to really enjoy any of the characters, since they each seemed to get on my nerves about halfway throught the film. To a teenager like myself who relies more on action and big punchlines to enjoy a film, it left much to be desired. However, I did find it good to watch a screen icon such as Barrymore in a role that played to his style.

No comments:

Post a Comment